Wal-Mart said that the storied rock band AC/DC will be the latest to sell an album exclusively through Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club stores. The deal showcases Wal-Mart’s growing stature in the music industry. As the top seller of CDs in the nation, though, Wal-Mart’s expected shift from CDs could hasten the transition to digital downloads. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- A lesson for America from MH17: Don't arm the Syrian rebels
Subscribe to the Week