Wal-Mart said that the storied rock band AC/DC will be the latest to sell an album exclusively through Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club stores. The deal showcases Wal-Mart’s growing stature in the music industry. As the top seller of CDs in the nation, though, Wal-Mart’s expected shift from CDs could hasten the transition to digital downloads. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week