Wal-Mart said that the storied rock band AC/DC will be the latest to sell an album exclusively through Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club stores. The deal showcases Wal-Mart’s growing stature in the music industry. As the top seller of CDs in the nation, though, Wal-Mart’s expected shift from CDs could hasten the transition to digital downloads. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
Subscribe to the Week