Wal-Mart said that the storied rock band AC/DC will be the latest to sell an album exclusively through Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club stores. The deal showcases Wal-Mart’s growing stature in the music industry. As the top seller of CDs in the nation, though, Wal-Mart’s expected shift from CDs could hasten the transition to digital downloads. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week