Wal-Mart said that the storied rock band AC/DC will be the latest to sell an album exclusively through Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club stores. The deal showcases Wal-Mart’s growing stature in the music industry. As the top seller of CDs in the nation, though, Wal-Mart’s expected shift from CDs could hasten the transition to digital downloads. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Why is Obama still smoking?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
Subscribe to the Week