hareholders of the New York Mercantile Exchange approved its $8.2 billion takeover by rival derivatives exchange CME, which owns the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and the Chicago Board of Trade. Nymex will give CME access to the growing market for over-the-counter futures contracts. The merger is now set to close Friday. (Chicago Tribune)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- Art is not a justification for discrimination
Subscribe to the Week