hareholders of the New York Mercantile Exchange approved its $8.2 billion takeover by rival derivatives exchange CME, which owns the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and the Chicago Board of Trade. Nymex will give CME access to the growing market for over-the-counter futures contracts. The merger is now set to close Friday. (Chicago Tribune)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- A good night's sleep gives you an edge at work
- The executioners' lament
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week