ConocoPhillips is exiting the gas station business, selling its remaining 600 stations to Seattle-based PetroSun West LLC, The Wall Street Journal reported. Oil companies are leaving the low-margin gasoline business, often for oil exploration. But Conoco, the No. 3 U.S. oil firm, will still refine oil and sell the gasoline wholesale. PetroSun plans to add food, financial services, and dry cleaning to its new gas stations. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week