onocoPhillips is exiting the gas station business, selling its remaining 600 stations to Seattle-based PetroSun West LLC, The Wall Street Journal reported. Oil companies are leaving the low-margin gasoline business, often for oil exploration. But Conoco, the No. 3 U.S. oil firm, will still refine oil and sell the gasoline wholesale. PetroSun plans to add food, financial services, and dry cleaning to its new gas stations. (MarketWatch)
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Step away from the ruler: Penis size studies are pretty worthless
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
Subscribe to the Week