onocoPhillips is exiting the gas station business, selling its remaining 600 stations to Seattle-based PetroSun West LLC, The Wall Street Journal reported. Oil companies are leaving the low-margin gasoline business, often for oil exploration. But Conoco, the No. 3 U.S. oil firm, will still refine oil and sell the gasoline wholesale. PetroSun plans to add food, financial services, and dry cleaning to its new gas stations. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week