onocoPhillips is exiting the gas station business, selling its remaining 600 stations to Seattle-based PetroSun West LLC, The Wall Street Journal reported. Oil companies are leaving the low-margin gasoline business, often for oil exploration. But Conoco, the No. 3 U.S. oil firm, will still refine oil and sell the gasoline wholesale. PetroSun plans to add food, financial services, and dry cleaning to its new gas stations. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week