By registering as residents of the small French town of Brignoles, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have become eligible for $2,600 a month in child benefits. Pitt and Jolie, who recently gave birth to twins, are eligible under French law to a “nanny payment” of $975 a month, and an “orphan allowance” of $509 for each of their adopted children. There’s no indication the couple will accept the payments.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why Japan is turning to high-tech floating islands to solve its energy needs
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week