By registering as residents of the small French town of Brignoles, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have become eligible for $2,600 a month in child benefits. Pitt and Jolie, who recently gave birth to twins, are eligible under French law to a “nanny payment” of $975 a month, and an “orphan allowance” of $509 for each of their adopted children. There’s no indication the couple will accept the payments.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week