By registering as residents of the small French town of Brignoles, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have become eligible for $2,600 a month in child benefits. Pitt and Jolie, who recently gave birth to twins, are eligible under French law to a “nanny payment” of $975 a month, and an “orphan allowance” of $509 for each of their adopted children. There’s no indication the couple will accept the payments.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week