By registering as residents of the small French town of Brignoles, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have become eligible for $2,600 a month in child benefits. Pitt and Jolie, who recently gave birth to twins, are eligible under French law to a “nanny payment” of $975 a month, and an “orphan allowance” of $509 for each of their adopted children. There’s no indication the couple will accept the payments.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
Subscribe to the Week