By registering as residents of the small French town of Brignoles, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have become eligible for $2,600 a month in child benefits. Pitt and Jolie, who recently gave birth to twins, are eligible under French law to a “nanny payment” of $975 a month, and an “orphan allowance” of $509 for each of their adopted children. There’s no indication the couple will accept the payments.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week