OOD DAY FOR: Mixed media, after state-owned Abu Dhabi Media Co., which owns media assets such as Holy Quran Radio, is starting a $1 billion Hollywood production company that will invest in up to eight movies a year. The new company, Imagenation Abu Dhabi, is stepping in after other sources of Hollywood funding dried up in the credit crunch. (Bloomberg)
BAD DAY FOR: Minding the Gulf, after U.S. residential and commercial insurance claims from Hurricane Gustav were estimated at between $4 billion and $10 billion. The storm was less destructive than feared, though, and much less expensive than Hurricane Katrina, which cost insurers $41 billion. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The executioners' lament
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- A good night's sleep gives you an edge at work
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
Subscribe to the Week