Elton John and Lily Allen both have reputations for “hell-raising,” said Richard Simpson in the Mail Online, so it’s not surprising that they fought onstage when they co-hosted the GQ Men of the Year Awards on Tuesday.
But it’s time for Allen to “grow up and start taking responsibility as a role model,” said the blog Think Fashion. At least Elton John was smart enough to take the “high road as his sidekick boozed on champagne” all night.
Elton John wasn’t that smart, said the blog Fametastic. After all, he did suggest to the crowd that he and Allen “both used cocaine.”
But “you gotta love Lily Allen,” said the blog Hollyscoop. At least she knows “she’s a mess and she’s proud of it!”
(Watch footage of the exchange on YouTube)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- 10 things you need to know today: November 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week