Elton John and Lily Allen both have reputations for “hell-raising,” said Richard Simpson in the Mail Online, so it’s not surprising that they fought onstage when they co-hosted the GQ Men of the Year Awards on Tuesday.
But it’s time for Allen to “grow up and start taking responsibility as a role model,” said the blog Think Fashion. At least Elton John was smart enough to take the “high road as his sidekick boozed on champagne” all night.
Elton John wasn’t that smart, said the blog Fametastic. After all, he did suggest to the crowd that he and Allen “both used cocaine.”
But “you gotta love Lily Allen,” said the blog Hollyscoop. At least she knows “she’s a mess and she’s proud of it!”
(Watch footage of the exchange on YouTube)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
Subscribe to the Week