Elton John and Lily Allen both have reputations for “hell-raising,” said Richard Simpson in the Mail Online, so it’s not surprising that they fought onstage when they co-hosted the GQ Men of the Year Awards on Tuesday.
But it’s time for Allen to “grow up and start taking responsibility as a role model,” said the blog Think Fashion. At least Elton John was smart enough to take the “high road as his sidekick boozed on champagne” all night.
Elton John wasn’t that smart, said the blog Fametastic. After all, he did suggest to the crowd that he and Allen “both used cocaine.”
But “you gotta love Lily Allen,” said the blog Hollyscoop. At least she knows “she’s a mess and she’s proud of it!”
(Watch footage of the exchange on YouTube)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
Subscribe to the Week