Elton John and Lily Allen both have reputations for “hell-raising,” said Richard Simpson in the Mail Online, so it’s not surprising that they fought onstage when they co-hosted the GQ Men of the Year Awards on Tuesday.
But it’s time for Allen to “grow up and start taking responsibility as a role model,” said the blog Think Fashion. At least Elton John was smart enough to take the “high road as his sidekick boozed on champagne” all night.
Elton John wasn’t that smart, said the blog Fametastic. After all, he did suggest to the crowd that he and Allen “both used cocaine.”
But “you gotta love Lily Allen,” said the blog Hollyscoop. At least she knows “she’s a mess and she’s proud of it!”
(Watch footage of the exchange on YouTube)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week