he trailer for the upcoming biopic Milk, starring Sean Penn as the first openly gay politician in America, Harvey Milk, has finally hit the Internet, said Veronica Santiago in the blog Film Crunch, and I have two words regarding Penn’s performance: “Oscar nomination.”
Milk was “a key figure in the fight for gay rights,” said William Goss in the blog Cinematical. But the two-and-a-half minute trailer for the movie seems to paint him as more “saintly” than he really was.
I just can’t believe that “oddball” Gus Van Sant directed this film, said Josh Tyler in the blog Cinema Blend. “The trailer has all the glitz and glamour of a Ron Howard movie.”
(Watch the trailer for Milk on YouTube)
- 10 things you need to know today: December 11, 2013
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Watch The Daily Show roll its eyes at outrage over Obama's handshake with Raul Castro
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The secrets of happy families
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
Subscribe to the Week