he trailer for the upcoming biopic Milk, starring Sean Penn as the first openly gay politician in America, Harvey Milk, has finally hit the Internet, said Veronica Santiago in the blog Film Crunch, and I have two words regarding Penn’s performance: “Oscar nomination.”
Milk was “a key figure in the fight for gay rights,” said William Goss in the blog Cinematical. But the two-and-a-half minute trailer for the movie seems to paint him as more “saintly” than he really was.
I just can’t believe that “oddball” Gus Van Sant directed this film, said Josh Tyler in the blog Cinema Blend. “The trailer has all the glitz and glamour of a Ron Howard movie.”
(Watch the trailer for Milk on YouTube)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Captain America won over China
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week