Nativeenergy.com allows customers to donate to green-minded projects—including planting trees, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and financing “renewable-energy installations”—by purchasing carbon offset credits. For large orders, it will customize contributions, so funds go where you want.
Myclimate.org, the home page of the Climate Protection Partnership, directs funds to “projects that reduce gases” and underwrite “renewable energy” worldwide.
Atmosfair.de and its emissions calculator help travelers tabulate the quantity of greenhouse gases created by their air travel. They can then contribute to projects that help limit “fossil-fuel usage,” ranging from a hydraulic ram in China to a hydro power plant in Honduras.
Source: Men’s Health
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week