ativeenergy.com allows customers to donate to green-minded projects—including planting trees, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and financing “renewable-energy installations”—by purchasing carbon offset credits. For large orders, it will customize contributions, so funds go where you want.
Myclimate.org, the home page of the Climate Protection Partnership, directs funds to “projects that reduce gases” and underwrite “renewable energy” worldwide.
Atmosfair.de and its emissions calculator help travelers tabulate the quantity of greenhouse gases created by their air travel. They can then contribute to projects that help limit “fossil-fuel usage,” ranging from a hydraulic ram in China to a hydro power plant in Honduras.
Source: Men’s Health
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week