ativeenergy.com allows customers to donate to green-minded projects—including planting trees, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and financing “renewable-energy installations”—by purchasing carbon offset credits. For large orders, it will customize contributions, so funds go where you want.
Myclimate.org, the home page of the Climate Protection Partnership, directs funds to “projects that reduce gases” and underwrite “renewable energy” worldwide.
Atmosfair.de and its emissions calculator help travelers tabulate the quantity of greenhouse gases created by their air travel. They can then contribute to projects that help limit “fossil-fuel usage,” ranging from a hydraulic ram in China to a hydro power plant in Honduras.
Source: Men’s Health
- The Black Death is back
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week