ativeenergy.com allows customers to donate to green-minded projects—including planting trees, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and financing “renewable-energy installations”—by purchasing carbon offset credits. For large orders, it will customize contributions, so funds go where you want.
Myclimate.org, the home page of the Climate Protection Partnership, directs funds to “projects that reduce gases” and underwrite “renewable energy” worldwide.
Atmosfair.de and its emissions calculator help travelers tabulate the quantity of greenhouse gases created by their air travel. They can then contribute to projects that help limit “fossil-fuel usage,” ranging from a hydraulic ram in China to a hydro power plant in Honduras.
Source: Men’s Health
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Here are the people who want to take a one way trip to Mars
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week