Nativeenergy.com allows customers to donate to green-minded projects—including planting trees, reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and financing “renewable-energy installations”—by purchasing carbon offset credits. For large orders, it will customize contributions, so funds go where you want.
Myclimate.org, the home page of the Climate Protection Partnership, directs funds to “projects that reduce gases” and underwrite “renewable energy” worldwide.
Atmosfair.de and its emissions calculator help travelers tabulate the quantity of greenhouse gases created by their air travel. They can then contribute to projects that help limit “fossil-fuel usage,” ranging from a hydraulic ram in China to a hydro power plant in Honduras.
Source: Men’s Health
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
Subscribe to the Week