acific Investment Management Co. (Pimco), the world’s biggest bond fund manager, will promote Mohamed El-Erian to sole chief executive, after co-CEO Bill Thompson retires at the end of the year. El-Erian will remain co-chief investment officer with managing director Bill Gross. (Bloomberg) Gross yesterday called for a massive intervention in the housing market by the U.S. Treasury, “to prevent a continuing asset and debt liquidation of near historic proportions.” (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week