Pacific Investment Management Co. (Pimco), the world’s biggest bond fund manager, will promote Mohamed El-Erian to sole chief executive, after co-CEO Bill Thompson retires at the end of the year. El-Erian will remain co-chief investment officer with managing director Bill Gross. (Bloomberg) Gross yesterday called for a massive intervention in the housing market by the U.S. Treasury, “to prevent a continuing asset and debt liquidation of near historic proportions.” (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week