acific Investment Management Co. (Pimco), the world’s biggest bond fund manager, will promote Mohamed El-Erian to sole chief executive, after co-CEO Bill Thompson retires at the end of the year. El-Erian will remain co-chief investment officer with managing director Bill Gross. (Bloomberg) Gross yesterday called for a massive intervention in the housing market by the U.S. Treasury, “to prevent a continuing asset and debt liquidation of near historic proportions.” (Reuters)
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- The last racial taboo
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How the Great Recession has changed the way we shop — even during the holidays
Subscribe to the Week