t’s disappointing that author Stephenie Meyer has stopped writing Midnight Sun, the companion book to her bestselling Twilight series, just because a portion of the work-in-progress was leaked online, said Kait Silva in Aced Magazine. Why is she “punishing the masses for the actions of a few”?
This is hurting Meyer more than her fans, said Jeffrey A. Trachtenberg and Emily Steel in The Wall Street Journal online. This decision will likely “cost her millions of dollars.”
“We can understand why Meyer might not be thrilled with the idea of her still-incomplete manuscript being passed around,” said Lane Brown in New York magazine’s Vulture blog. But is it really the end of the world?
No, said the blog Out-Loud Brainwaves. Meyer “should travel to Darfur and see the face of real human rights violations”—just “suck it up and finish the book, for God sakes.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week