This documentary about 1968’s Democratic National Convention is one to own, said the Baltimore Sun. Writer and director Brett Morgen uses animation and mixed media to put the protests that took place in Chicago “into cultural and historical context.”
The Errol Flynn Westerns Collection
Although Errol Flynn considered himself too sophisticated for the Western genre, these “four underseen titles” prove otherwise, said the New York Daily News. From Montana to Virginia City (with Humphrey Bogart), Flynn comes off as the rich man’s Roy Rogers.
Smart People is “smarter than your average Hollywood comedy,” said the Associated Press. Dennis Quaid, Ellen Page, and Sarah Jessica Parker star in this funny “tale of academia and dysfunction.” Extras include cast interviews and footage from its premiere.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week