This documentary about 1968’s Democratic National Convention is one to own, said the Baltimore Sun. Writer and director Brett Morgen uses animation and mixed media to put the protests that took place in Chicago “into cultural and historical context.”
The Errol Flynn Westerns Collection
Although Errol Flynn considered himself too sophisticated for the Western genre, these “four underseen titles” prove otherwise, said the New York Daily News. From Montana to Virginia City (with Humphrey Bogart), Flynn comes off as the rich man’s Roy Rogers.
Smart People is “smarter than your average Hollywood comedy,” said the Associated Press. Dennis Quaid, Ellen Page, and Sarah Jessica Parker star in this funny “tale of academia and dysfunction.” Extras include cast interviews and footage from its premiere.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 22, 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Don't change a thing: 8 inventions that never needed updating
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week