This documentary about 1968’s Democratic National Convention is one to own, said the Baltimore Sun. Writer and director Brett Morgen uses animation and mixed media to put the protests that took place in Chicago “into cultural and historical context.”
The Errol Flynn Westerns Collection
Although Errol Flynn considered himself too sophisticated for the Western genre, these “four underseen titles” prove otherwise, said the New York Daily News. From Montana to Virginia City (with Humphrey Bogart), Flynn comes off as the rich man’s Roy Rogers.
Smart People is “smarter than your average Hollywood comedy,” said the Associated Press. Dennis Quaid, Ellen Page, and Sarah Jessica Parker star in this funny “tale of academia and dysfunction.” Extras include cast interviews and footage from its premiere.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
- Stop hating on cyclists
Subscribe to the Week