This documentary about 1968’s Democratic National Convention is one to own, said the Baltimore Sun. Writer and director Brett Morgen uses animation and mixed media to put the protests that took place in Chicago “into cultural and historical context.”
The Errol Flynn Westerns Collection
Although Errol Flynn considered himself too sophisticated for the Western genre, these “four underseen titles” prove otherwise, said the New York Daily News. From Montana to Virginia City (with Humphrey Bogart), Flynn comes off as the rich man’s Roy Rogers.
Smart People is “smarter than your average Hollywood comedy,” said the Associated Press. Dennis Quaid, Ellen Page, and Sarah Jessica Parker star in this funny “tale of academia and dysfunction.” Extras include cast interviews and footage from its premiere.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- 10 things you need to know today: December 10, 2013
- Jupiter Ascending: Watch the latest sci-fi trailer from the creators of The Matrix
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- President Obama snapped a selfie during Nelson Mandela's memorial service
- 5 theories to explain North Korea's big mysterious purge
Subscribe to the Week