This documentary about 1968’s Democratic National Convention is one to own, said the Baltimore Sun. Writer and director Brett Morgen uses animation and mixed media to put the protests that took place in Chicago “into cultural and historical context.”
The Errol Flynn Westerns Collection
Although Errol Flynn considered himself too sophisticated for the Western genre, these “four underseen titles” prove otherwise, said the New York Daily News. From Montana to Virginia City (with Humphrey Bogart), Flynn comes off as the rich man’s Roy Rogers.
Smart People is “smarter than your average Hollywood comedy,” said the Associated Press. Dennis Quaid, Ellen Page, and Sarah Jessica Parker star in this funny “tale of academia and dysfunction.” Extras include cast interviews and footage from its premiere.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- Is the Republican Party in danger of dying out?
Subscribe to the Week