Italy on foot
Buy one Italian walking vacation from Cross Country International and take a companion for free. Prices for trips through December start at $2,695, including flights, hotel, four days’ guided walking, and most meals. Contact: Walkingvacations.com
On a Russian riverboat
Uniworld Grand River Cruises’ 2009 itineraries include trips from St. Petersburg to Moscow, and Kiev to Istanbul. Prices start at $2,999 per guest; pay by Nov. 30 and receive a $1,000-per-couple discount.
Sunday through Thursday stays at the Wentworth Mansion in Charleston, S.C., start at $1,050. Price includes two nights in a room with marble fireplace and Jacuzzi tub, a couples spa treatment, and a sailboat ride. Contact: Wentworthmansion.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week