Italy on foot
Buy one Italian walking vacation from Cross Country International and take a companion for free. Prices for trips through December start at $2,695, including flights, hotel, four days’ guided walking, and most meals. Contact: Walkingvacations.com
On a Russian riverboat
Uniworld Grand River Cruises’ 2009 itineraries include trips from St. Petersburg to Moscow, and Kiev to Istanbul. Prices start at $2,999 per guest; pay by Nov. 30 and receive a $1,000-per-couple discount.
Sunday through Thursday stays at the Wentworth Mansion in Charleston, S.C., start at $1,050. Price includes two nights in a room with marble fireplace and Jacuzzi tub, a couples spa treatment, and a sailboat ride. Contact: Wentworthmansion.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
Subscribe to the Week