The Dalai Lama was released from a Mumbai hospital this week after spending four days in treatment for stomach pain and fatigue, and sought to quell rumors that his condition was life-threatening. The 73-year-old Tibetan spiritual leader smiled and waved for photographers and said there was “no cause for concern.” He canceled his appointments for the next three weeks in order to rest and recover.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
Subscribe to the Week