The Dalai Lama was released from a Mumbai hospital this week after spending four days in treatment for stomach pain and fatigue, and sought to quell rumors that his condition was life-threatening. The 73-year-old Tibetan spiritual leader smiled and waved for photographers and said there was “no cause for concern.” He canceled his appointments for the next three weeks in order to rest and recover.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
Subscribe to the Week