he Dalai Lama was released from a Mumbai hospital this week after spending four days in treatment for stomach pain and fatigue, and sought to quell rumors that his condition was life-threatening. The 73-year-old Tibetan spiritual leader smiled and waved for photographers and said there was “no cause for concern.” He canceled his appointments for the next three weeks in order to rest and recover.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Conspiracy theories spread in the wake of Malaysia Airlines flight disappearance
Subscribe to the Week