The Dalai Lama was released from a Mumbai hospital this week after spending four days in treatment for stomach pain and fatigue, and sought to quell rumors that his condition was life-threatening. The 73-year-old Tibetan spiritual leader smiled and waved for photographers and said there was “no cause for concern.” He canceled his appointments for the next three weeks in order to rest and recover.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week