hief financial officers are more optimistic about the U.S. economy than they were last quarter, according to a survey by Duke University/CFO Magazine. “There are signs that we are bottoming out,” said the survey’s director, John Graham. The 1,300 CFOs in the survey said they were worried about weak consumer spending, though, and indicated plans to cut back on capital spending and employment. (Reuters)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 5 reasons child pageants are bad for kids
- The executioners' lament
Subscribe to the Week