panish rosés are ideal for late-summer sipping and “give a lot of bang for the buck,” said Bill Daley in the Chicago Tribune. These dry pink wines are blends of red and white grapes, and go well with salmon steaks, shrimp kebabs, hamburgers, and barbecued chicken. Here are five great bargains:
2007 Las Rocas de San Alejandro Rosado ($10) “A deep dark rosé” with a “jazzy” finish.
2007 Bodegas Borsao Rosé ($10) “Smooth, smooth, smooth.”
2007 Marco Real Garnacha Rosado ($9) Fruity and soft.
2007 Bodegas Julian Chivite Gran Feudo Rosé ($12) A subtle, strawberry-hued wine.
2007 Muga Rioja Rosé ($12) A very pale rosé with “tart, citrusy notes.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week