Tiffin food box
Stacking melamine dishes—available in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes—keep “side dishes separated.”
Wipe off sticky fingers with individually wrapped citrus towelettes.
Price: $6 for 10 packets
Source: O at Home
Carnival Dotty Spot Picnic Basket
While the weather still permits, “enjoy a proper picnic” and trot out a wicker basket equipped with enough dishes and utensils for a party of four. Price: $110
Source: Real Simple
Bamboo utensils are an eco-conscious alternative to disposable plasticware. Once discarded, they degrade in four to six months. Price: $10 for eight place settings
This outdoor blanket has a waterproof backing and conveniently folds up into a portable tote. It comes in various patterns and in either polyester fleece or woven acrylic. Price: $23.75
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- How names influence our destinies
- How to be optimistic, according to science
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week