Tiffin food box
Stacking melamine dishes—available in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes—keep “side dishes separated.”
Wipe off sticky fingers with individually wrapped citrus towelettes.
Price: $6 for 10 packets
Source: O at Home
Carnival Dotty Spot Picnic Basket
While the weather still permits, “enjoy a proper picnic” and trot out a wicker basket equipped with enough dishes and utensils for a party of four. Price: $110
Source: Real Simple
Bamboo utensils are an eco-conscious alternative to disposable plasticware. Once discarded, they degrade in four to six months. Price: $10 for eight place settings
This outdoor blanket has a waterproof backing and conveniently folds up into a portable tote. It comes in various patterns and in either polyester fleece or woven acrylic. Price: $23.75
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week