Tiffin food box
Stacking melamine dishes—available in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes—keep “side dishes separated.”
Wipe off sticky fingers with individually wrapped citrus towelettes.
Price: $6 for 10 packets
Source: O at Home
Carnival Dotty Spot Picnic Basket
While the weather still permits, “enjoy a proper picnic” and trot out a wicker basket equipped with enough dishes and utensils for a party of four. Price: $110
Source: Real Simple
Bamboo utensils are an eco-conscious alternative to disposable plasticware. Once discarded, they degrade in four to six months. Price: $10 for eight place settings
This outdoor blanket has a waterproof backing and conveniently folds up into a portable tote. It comes in various patterns and in either polyester fleece or woven acrylic. Price: $23.75
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week