iffin food box
Stacking melamine dishes—available in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes—keep “side dishes separated.”
Wipe off sticky fingers with individually wrapped citrus towelettes.
Price: $6 for 10 packets
Source: O at Home
Carnival Dotty Spot Picnic Basket
While the weather still permits, “enjoy a proper picnic” and trot out a wicker basket equipped with enough dishes and utensils for a party of four. Price: $110
Source: Real Simple
Bamboo utensils are an eco-conscious alternative to disposable plasticware. Once discarded, they degrade in four to six months. Price: $10 for eight place settings
This outdoor blanket has a waterproof backing and conveniently folds up into a portable tote. It comes in various patterns and in either polyester fleece or woven acrylic. Price: $23.75
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
Subscribe to the Week