Tiffin food box
Stacking melamine dishes—available in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes—keep “side dishes separated.”
Wipe off sticky fingers with individually wrapped citrus towelettes.
Price: $6 for 10 packets
Source: O at Home
Carnival Dotty Spot Picnic Basket
While the weather still permits, “enjoy a proper picnic” and trot out a wicker basket equipped with enough dishes and utensils for a party of four. Price: $110
Source: Real Simple
Bamboo utensils are an eco-conscious alternative to disposable plasticware. Once discarded, they degrade in four to six months. Price: $10 for eight place settings
This outdoor blanket has a waterproof backing and conveniently folds up into a portable tote. It comes in various patterns and in either polyester fleece or woven acrylic. Price: $23.75
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week