Hyatt Grand Champion Resort, Villas, and Spa
Indian Wells, Calif.
Weekend rates at this deluxe family resort are a bargain, said Valli Herman in the Los Angeles Times. The recently renovated oasis, located in a desert community 15 miles east of Palm Springs, offers a 550-square-foot room with two queen beds, a sitting area, and an “enormous bathroom” for only $149 a night. A modest fee provides access to three tennis courts, a steam room, sauna, salon, exercise room, seven pools, and a grown-ups-only pool “with 16 high-tech cabanas.” Just try to resist “the angst-taming powers” of a piña colada sipped while relaxing in the shade.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Don't change a thing: 8 inventions that never needed updating
- 10 things you need to know today: November 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week