Hyatt Grand Champion Resort, Villas, and Spa
Indian Wells, Calif.
Weekend rates at this deluxe family resort are a bargain, said Valli Herman in the Los Angeles Times. The recently renovated oasis, located in a desert community 15 miles east of Palm Springs, offers a 550-square-foot room with two queen beds, a sitting area, and an “enormous bathroom” for only $149 a night. A modest fee provides access to three tennis courts, a steam room, sauna, salon, exercise room, seven pools, and a grown-ups-only pool “with 16 high-tech cabanas.” Just try to resist “the angst-taming powers” of a piña colada sipped while relaxing in the shade.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week