Hyatt Grand Champion Resort, Villas, and Spa
Indian Wells, Calif.
Weekend rates at this deluxe family resort are a bargain, said Valli Herman in the Los Angeles Times. The recently renovated oasis, located in a desert community 15 miles east of Palm Springs, offers a 550-square-foot room with two queen beds, a sitting area, and an “enormous bathroom” for only $149 a night. A modest fee provides access to three tennis courts, a steam room, sauna, salon, exercise room, seven pools, and a grown-ups-only pool “with 16 high-tech cabanas.” Just try to resist “the angst-taming powers” of a piña colada sipped while relaxing in the shade.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The militarization of America’s police
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
Subscribe to the Week