Hyatt Grand Champion Resort, Villas, and Spa
Indian Wells, Calif.
Weekend rates at this deluxe family resort are a bargain, said Valli Herman in the Los Angeles Times. The recently renovated oasis, located in a desert community 15 miles east of Palm Springs, offers a 550-square-foot room with two queen beds, a sitting area, and an “enormous bathroom” for only $149 a night. A modest fee provides access to three tennis courts, a steam room, sauna, salon, exercise room, seven pools, and a grown-ups-only pool “with 16 high-tech cabanas.” Just try to resist “the angst-taming powers” of a piña colada sipped while relaxing in the shade.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week