Hyatt Grand Champion Resort, Villas, and Spa
Indian Wells, Calif.
Weekend rates at this deluxe family resort are a bargain, said Valli Herman in the Los Angeles Times. The recently renovated oasis, located in a desert community 15 miles east of Palm Springs, offers a 550-square-foot room with two queen beds, a sitting area, and an “enormous bathroom” for only $149 a night. A modest fee provides access to three tennis courts, a steam room, sauna, salon, exercise room, seven pools, and a grown-ups-only pool “with 16 high-tech cabanas.” Just try to resist “the angst-taming powers” of a piña colada sipped while relaxing in the shade.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- Wait a minute, Mr. Postman: Why postal banking won't work
Subscribe to the Week