Jamie Lynn Spears and Casey Aldridge, the father of the 17-year-old TV star’s baby daughter, are on the verge of a breakup, said Star. After hearing rumors that Aldridge was cheating on her, which he denies, Spears gave him a 9 p.m. curfew and demanded his e-mail and voice mail passwords. “In the end, everything just blew up in her face,” a source told the magazine. “There was no way Casey was going to let her tell him what to do.” Now Aldridge may go to court to prevent Spears from cutting off his finances in the event of a split. “Casey never seemed too excited about being a father,” said a member of the Spears family, “but now he is desperate not to lose his meal ticket.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- A brief history of the Guy Fawkes mask
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week