Jamie Lynn Spears and Casey Aldridge, the father of the 17-year-old TV star’s baby daughter, are on the verge of a breakup, said Star. After hearing rumors that Aldridge was cheating on her, which he denies, Spears gave him a 9 p.m. curfew and demanded his e-mail and voice mail passwords. “In the end, everything just blew up in her face,” a source told the magazine. “There was no way Casey was going to let her tell him what to do.” Now Aldridge may go to court to prevent Spears from cutting off his finances in the event of a split. “Casey never seemed too excited about being a father,” said a member of the Spears family, “but now he is desperate not to lose his meal ticket.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week