Jamie Lynn Spears and Casey Aldridge, the father of the 17-year-old TV star’s baby daughter, are on the verge of a breakup, said Star. After hearing rumors that Aldridge was cheating on her, which he denies, Spears gave him a 9 p.m. curfew and demanded his e-mail and voice mail passwords. “In the end, everything just blew up in her face,” a source told the magazine. “There was no way Casey was going to let her tell him what to do.” Now Aldridge may go to court to prevent Spears from cutting off his finances in the event of a split. “Casey never seemed too excited about being a father,” said a member of the Spears family, “but now he is desperate not to lose his meal ticket.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The week's best photojournalism
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week