Jamie Lynn Spears and Casey Aldridge, the father of the 17-year-old TV star’s baby daughter, are on the verge of a breakup, said Star. After hearing rumors that Aldridge was cheating on her, which he denies, Spears gave him a 9 p.m. curfew and demanded his e-mail and voice mail passwords. “In the end, everything just blew up in her face,” a source told the magazine. “There was no way Casey was going to let her tell him what to do.” Now Aldridge may go to court to prevent Spears from cutting off his finances in the event of a split. “Casey never seemed too excited about being a father,” said a member of the Spears family, “but now he is desperate not to lose his meal ticket.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week