Jamie Lynn Spears and Casey Aldridge, the father of the 17-year-old TV star’s baby daughter, are on the verge of a breakup, said Star. After hearing rumors that Aldridge was cheating on her, which he denies, Spears gave him a 9 p.m. curfew and demanded his e-mail and voice mail passwords. “In the end, everything just blew up in her face,” a source told the magazine. “There was no way Casey was going to let her tell him what to do.” Now Aldridge may go to court to prevent Spears from cutting off his finances in the event of a split. “Casey never seemed too excited about being a father,” said a member of the Spears family, “but now he is desperate not to lose his meal ticket.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week