The ’70s rock band Heart has asked Sarah Palin to stop using “Barracuda” as her unofficial campaign song. “The Republican campaign did not ask for permission to use the song, nor would they have been granted permission,” said sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson. Van Halen released a similar statement about the campaign’s use of its song “Right Now,” even though Palin gave her son Trig the middle name Van in tribute to the rock group.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week