The ’70s rock band Heart has asked Sarah Palin to stop using “Barracuda” as her unofficial campaign song. “The Republican campaign did not ask for permission to use the song, nor would they have been granted permission,” said sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson. Van Halen released a similar statement about the campaign’s use of its song “Right Now,” even though Palin gave her son Trig the middle name Van in tribute to the rock group.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- California's epic drought
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week