The ’70s rock band Heart has asked Sarah Palin to stop using “Barracuda” as her unofficial campaign song. “The Republican campaign did not ask for permission to use the song, nor would they have been granted permission,” said sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson. Van Halen released a similar statement about the campaign’s use of its song “Right Now,” even though Palin gave her son Trig the middle name Van in tribute to the rock group.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The week's best photojournalism
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week