The ’70s rock band Heart has asked Sarah Palin to stop using “Barracuda” as her unofficial campaign song. “The Republican campaign did not ask for permission to use the song, nor would they have been granted permission,” said sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson. Van Halen released a similar statement about the campaign’s use of its song “Right Now,” even though Palin gave her son Trig the middle name Van in tribute to the rock group.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week