The ’70s rock band Heart has asked Sarah Palin to stop using “Barracuda” as her unofficial campaign song. “The Republican campaign did not ask for permission to use the song, nor would they have been granted permission,” said sisters Ann and Nancy Wilson. Van Halen released a similar statement about the campaign’s use of its song “Right Now,” even though Palin gave her son Trig the middle name Van in tribute to the rock group.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
Subscribe to the Week