Olympic medalist Dara Torres, 41, modeled two outfits at New York Fashion Week this week. “Swimming in the Olympics is much more nerve-wracking,” said Torres, who showed off designs by Charles Nolan. She admitted, however, that she was worried about staying upright on the runway. “I’m not used to wearing heels,” she said. “I wear flats and flip-flops all the time.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week