Olympic medalist Dara Torres, 41, modeled two outfits at New York Fashion Week this week. “Swimming in the Olympics is much more nerve-wracking,” said Torres, who showed off designs by Charles Nolan. She admitted, however, that she was worried about staying upright on the runway. “I’m not used to wearing heels,” she said. “I wear flats and flip-flops all the time.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week