Olympic medalist Dara Torres, 41, modeled two outfits at New York Fashion Week this week. “Swimming in the Olympics is much more nerve-wracking,” said Torres, who showed off designs by Charles Nolan. She admitted, however, that she was worried about staying upright on the runway. “I’m not used to wearing heels,” she said. “I wear flats and flip-flops all the time.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week