Current and former executives of Apple, including CEO Steve Jobs, agreed to pay $14 million to settle shareholder claims regarding stock-option backdating. A federal judge gave preliminary approval to the settlement. Apple’s liability insurer will pay the $14 million, plus $9 million for legal fees and expenses. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
Subscribe to the Week