Current and former executives of Apple, including CEO Steve Jobs, agreed to pay $14 million to settle shareholder claims regarding stock-option backdating. A federal judge gave preliminary approval to the settlement. Apple’s liability insurer will pay the $14 million, plus $9 million for legal fees and expenses. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week