ideo-game maker Electronic Arts dropped its $2 billion bid for smaller rival Take-Two Interactive yesterday, without explaining why. EA’s original hostile offer had expired, but the two sides entered confidential discussions in August. Take-Two has sold more than 10 million copies of Grand Theft Auto IV since April. (The Wall Street Journal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here are the people who want to take a one way trip to Mars
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week