ideo-game maker Electronic Arts dropped its $2 billion bid for smaller rival Take-Two Interactive yesterday, without explaining why. EA’s original hostile offer had expired, but the two sides entered confidential discussions in August. Take-Two has sold more than 10 million copies of Grand Theft Auto IV since April. (The Wall Street Journal)
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- The secrets of happy families
Subscribe to the Week