Video-game maker Electronic Arts dropped its $2 billion bid for smaller rival Take-Two Interactive yesterday, without explaining why. EA’s original hostile offer had expired, but the two sides entered confidential discussions in August. Take-Two has sold more than 10 million copies of Grand Theft Auto IV since April. (The Wall Street Journal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week