Video-game maker Electronic Arts dropped its $2 billion bid for smaller rival Take-Two Interactive yesterday, without explaining why. EA’s original hostile offer had expired, but the two sides entered confidential discussions in August. Take-Two has sold more than 10 million copies of Grand Theft Auto IV since April. (The Wall Street Journal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The girl who wouldn't die
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week