ideo-game maker Electronic Arts dropped its $2 billion bid for smaller rival Take-Two Interactive yesterday, without explaining why. EA’s original hostile offer had expired, but the two sides entered confidential discussions in August. Take-Two has sold more than 10 million copies of Grand Theft Auto IV since April. (The Wall Street Journal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week