rude oil futures dropped below $92 a barrel in New York early today, in one of the few bright aftershocks of the turmoil on Wall Street. Oil’s fall, the steepest two-day drop in almost four years, was attributed to concerns that Wall Street’s pain could crimp demand. “There’s a good possibility prices will fall further before they stabilize,” said Commerzbank analyst Carsten Fritsch in Frankfurt. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- When will the Big One strike California?
Subscribe to the Week