ot only is actor Tobey Maguire getting paid $50 million to shoot Spider-Man 4 & 5 back-to-back over a six month period, said Arya Ponto in Just Press Play, he’s also worked it out so that he’ll have early mornings and evenings off to spend time with his 22-month-old daughter. “Talk about a cushy job.”
“Sony had originally rejected his requests for the extra time away from set,” said Peter Willis in Obsessed With Film. But it looks like the studio executives “came groveling back” once they realized that the series probably wouldn’t have any “legs without Maguire.”
But “you’ve got to wonder how this might affect the production,” said Josh Tyler in Cinema Blend. Won’t it now take longer to make the sequels? And does this mean they’ll have to use more "annoying" special effects to cover for the times when they want Maguire on set but can’t get him because he's "busy reading ‘Run Spot Run’?”
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- The executioners' lament
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
Subscribe to the Week