22% of hiring managers say they now screen potential employees’ profiles on Facebook and other social networking sites, up from 11% in 2006. 34% of employers who screen candidates on the Internet say they have found content that made them drop the candidate from any shortlist.
23% of married couples in the U.S. sleep in separate beds or rooms to avoid conflicts over snoring and bed-hogging and to get a good night’s sleep.
National Sleep Foundation
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week