22% of hiring managers say they now screen potential employees’ profiles on Facebook and other social networking sites, up from 11% in 2006. 34% of employers who screen candidates on the Internet say they have found content that made them drop the candidate from any shortlist.
23% of married couples in the U.S. sleep in separate beds or rooms to avoid conflicts over snoring and bed-hogging and to get a good night’s sleep.
National Sleep Foundation
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- The psychology of bribery and corruption
- Don't change a thing: 8 inventions that never needed updating
Subscribe to the Week