22% of hiring managers say they now screen potential employees’ profiles on Facebook and other social networking sites, up from 11% in 2006. 34% of employers who screen candidates on the Internet say they have found content that made them drop the candidate from any shortlist.
23% of married couples in the U.S. sleep in separate beds or rooms to avoid conflicts over snoring and bed-hogging and to get a good night’s sleep.
National Sleep Foundation
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week