22% of hiring managers say they now screen potential employees’ profiles on Facebook and other social networking sites, up from 11% in 2006. 34% of employers who screen candidates on the Internet say they have found content that made them drop the candidate from any shortlist.
23% of married couples in the U.S. sleep in separate beds or rooms to avoid conflicts over snoring and bed-hogging and to get a good night’s sleep.
National Sleep Foundation
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How science can help you survive scary movies
Subscribe to the Week