Dow Jones & Co. said that Kraft Foods will replace AIG in the Dow Jones Industrial Average starting Monday. AIG will not be replaced in the 30-company index by another financial firm, Dow Jones said, due to “extremely unsettled conditions.” Kraft will be the only food company in the index. (The New York Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
Subscribe to the Week