he Big Lebowski: 10th Anniversary Edition
Even after a decade, “The Dude abides,” said New York. There’s no denying that the Coen brothers have made “some laughless comedy stinkers” since, but this cult classic stands up as “one of the funniest films of all time.” The “ludicrously” packaged DVD comes in a plastic bowling ball.
Baby Mama is a Hollywood rarity, said David Germain in the Associated Press. In this comedy about single women and surrogacy, Saturday Night Live’s Tina Fey and Amy Poehler created a “female buddy flick that actually found an audience.” The DVD includes deleted scenes plus an alternate ending.
How the West Was Won
This release is reason enough to buy a Blu-ray player, said The New York Times. John Ford’s epic Western was the last movie made in Cinerama, “the highest-definition moving picture medium the world had seen.” The Blu-ray version “generates a shock analogous to what the audiences of 1952 must have felt.”
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
Subscribe to the Week