Frances Bean Cobain, the daughter of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, who killed himself in 1994, threw herself a suicide-themed 16th birthday party earlier this month. The invitation to the party at Los Angeles’ House of Blues described it as “my one and only sweet 16 … eerrrr actually it’s my ‘suicidal 16.’” Guests were encouraged to “dress up dead” for a chance to win prizes. Frances’ mother, Courtney Love, spent $323,000 for the bash, said Defamer.com.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week