Frances Bean Cobain, the daughter of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, who killed himself in 1994, threw herself a suicide-themed 16th birthday party earlier this month. The invitation to the party at Los Angeles’ House of Blues described it as “my one and only sweet 16 … eerrrr actually it’s my ‘suicidal 16.’” Guests were encouraged to “dress up dead” for a chance to win prizes. Frances’ mother, Courtney Love, spent $323,000 for the bash, said Defamer.com.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week