Frances Bean Cobain, the daughter of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, who killed himself in 1994, threw herself a suicide-themed 16th birthday party earlier this month. The invitation to the party at Los Angeles’ House of Blues described it as “my one and only sweet 16 … eerrrr actually it’s my ‘suicidal 16.’” Guests were encouraged to “dress up dead” for a chance to win prizes. Frances’ mother, Courtney Love, spent $323,000 for the bash, said Defamer.com.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
Subscribe to the Week