Frances Bean Cobain, the daughter of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, who killed himself in 1994, threw herself a suicide-themed 16th birthday party earlier this month. The invitation to the party at Los Angeles’ House of Blues described it as “my one and only sweet 16 … eerrrr actually it’s my ‘suicidal 16.’” Guests were encouraged to “dress up dead” for a chance to win prizes. Frances’ mother, Courtney Love, spent $323,000 for the bash, said Defamer.com.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- As deadly skin cancer rates keep climbing, surgeon general says to stop tanning and wear sunscreen
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week