Frances Bean Cobain, the daughter of Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, who killed himself in 1994, threw herself a suicide-themed 16th birthday party earlier this month. The invitation to the party at Los Angeles’ House of Blues described it as “my one and only sweet 16 … eerrrr actually it’s my ‘suicidal 16.’” Guests were encouraged to “dress up dead” for a chance to win prizes. Frances’ mother, Courtney Love, spent $323,000 for the bash, said Defamer.com.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why insects are the future of food
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week