O.J. Simpson went on trial this week for kidnapping and armed robbery, having allegedly attempted to steal sports memorabilia from a Las Vegas hotel last September. “If you are here thinking you are going to punish Mr. Simpson for what happened in Los Angeles in 1995 this is not the case for you,” a Nevada judge told an all-white jury before opening arguments began. “I’m not kidding around.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Terrorists are threatening to attack movie theaters showing The Interview. You should go see it anyway.
Subscribe to the Week