O.J. Simpson went on trial this week for kidnapping and armed robbery, having allegedly attempted to steal sports memorabilia from a Las Vegas hotel last September. “If you are here thinking you are going to punish Mr. Simpson for what happened in Los Angeles in 1995 this is not the case for you,” a Nevada judge told an all-white jury before opening arguments began. “I’m not kidding around.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week