O.J. Simpson went on trial this week for kidnapping and armed robbery, having allegedly attempted to steal sports memorabilia from a Las Vegas hotel last September. “If you are here thinking you are going to punish Mr. Simpson for what happened in Los Angeles in 1995 this is not the case for you,” a Nevada judge told an all-white jury before opening arguments began. “I’m not kidding around.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Painting the universe's portrait
Subscribe to the Week