O.J. Simpson went on trial this week for kidnapping and armed robbery, having allegedly attempted to steal sports memorabilia from a Las Vegas hotel last September. “If you are here thinking you are going to punish Mr. Simpson for what happened in Los Angeles in 1995 this is not the case for you,” a Nevada judge told an all-white jury before opening arguments began. “I’m not kidding around.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week