New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson is talking up actor Val Kilmer as his successor. Kilmer hinted that he might run for the office in 2010. “I like the idea,” said Richardson, whose term ends in two years. “Val Kilmer is a New Mexican, he was Batman.” Richardson added, “I don’t know how serious he is, but you know if he jumps in a race he’s got name ID, so it can’t be discounted.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Will the Higgs Boson destroy the universe in a cosmic death bubble?
- I'm not a parrot. So don't call me exotic.
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
Subscribe to the Week