New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson is talking up actor Val Kilmer as his successor. Kilmer hinted that he might run for the office in 2010. “I like the idea,” said Richardson, whose term ends in two years. “Val Kilmer is a New Mexican, he was Batman.” Richardson added, “I don’t know how serious he is, but you know if he jumps in a race he’s got name ID, so it can’t be discounted.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why we gossip, according to science
Subscribe to the Week