ew Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson is talking up actor Val Kilmer as his successor. Kilmer hinted that he might run for the office in 2010. “I like the idea,” said Richardson, whose term ends in two years. “Val Kilmer is a New Mexican, he was Batman.” Richardson added, “I don’t know how serious he is, but you know if he jumps in a race he’s got name ID, so it can’t be discounted.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week