A regal New Year’s
The Cunard Line’s Queen Mary 2 sails from Fort Lauderdale on Dec. 19 for a 15-night round-trip cruise through the Caribbean. Discounted rates start at $1,873, plus fees and surcharges.
Skiing in Austria
Ski Europe is offering six nights in Innsbruck, Austria, at the three-star Hotel Tautermann. Three dates available January through March. Prices include airfare from New York and start at $749, plus taxes and fees.
Hurrah for Handel
A 14-day cruise celebrating Georg Freidrich Handel 250 years after his death departs Hamburg May 21, with stops in Britain and Belgium. The $5,965 price includes airfare from Washington, D.C.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week