So, Kelly Osbourne has signed a deal with Virgin books to release her autobiography early next year, said I’m Not Obsessed. This is just further proof that “if you're famous, related to someone famous or have just hung out with someone famous at least once, you definitely qualify for lucrative deals to pen your memoirs.”
Actually, the 23-year-old has led “a very active life so far,” said Angry Ape, and the book will reportedly include details of her stint in rehab and “her war with singer Christina Aguilera.” This could be a good read, and it’s “bound to be full of juicy secrets.”
Older people have "a certain perspective that 23-year-olds just haven't been on the planet long enough to acquire," said Ithaka. Kelly Osbourne “still has lots of years ahead to make mistakes and court public humiliation. Why write a book that doesn't have an end yet?”
Maybe because she wants to “follow in her mother’s footsteps,” said Jennifer Zalitak in Glam Boulevard. And that might be a smart move: Sharon Osbourne’s memoir Extreme “has sold more than 2 million copies” so far.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What if The Purge was real?
Subscribe to the Week