So, Kelly Osbourne has signed a deal with Virgin books to release her autobiography early next year, said I’m Not Obsessed. This is just further proof that “if you're famous, related to someone famous or have just hung out with someone famous at least once, you definitely qualify for lucrative deals to pen your memoirs.”
Actually, the 23-year-old has led “a very active life so far,” said Angry Ape, and the book will reportedly include details of her stint in rehab and “her war with singer Christina Aguilera.” This could be a good read, and it’s “bound to be full of juicy secrets.”
Older people have "a certain perspective that 23-year-olds just haven't been on the planet long enough to acquire," said Ithaka. Kelly Osbourne “still has lots of years ahead to make mistakes and court public humiliation. Why write a book that doesn't have an end yet?”
Maybe because she wants to “follow in her mother’s footsteps,” said Jennifer Zalitak in Glam Boulevard. And that might be a smart move: Sharon Osbourne’s memoir Extreme “has sold more than 2 million copies” so far.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week