he FBI is investigating Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Lehman Brothers, AIG, and 22 other companies and their executives for possible malfeasance in the subprime mortgage collapse. The investigation will look for accounting misstatements and other signs of fraud. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- How the elderly are treated around the world
Subscribe to the Week