The FBI is investigating Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Lehman Brothers, AIG, and 22 other companies and their executives for possible malfeasance in the subprime mortgage collapse. The investigation will look for accounting misstatements and other signs of fraud. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week