he FBI is investigating Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Lehman Brothers, AIG, and 22 other companies and their executives for possible malfeasance in the subprime mortgage collapse. The investigation will look for accounting misstatements and other signs of fraud. (Bloomberg)
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Instagram might be ruining our memories. Here's why that's a good thing.
Subscribe to the Week