55% of American adults believe they have been protected from harm by a “guardian angel.” 81% of black Protestants, 66% of Evangelicals, 57% of Catholics, 55% of mainline Protestants, and 10% of Jews say they sensed the presence of angels doing God’s work on Earth—as did 20% of people who said they have “no religion.”
Baylor Religion Survey
A record-high 43% of Americans say they are following news about national politics “very closely,” up from 30% this time last year and 36% during the last presidential election.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Battle in a blizzard
- Did God have a wife?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why U.S. and British spies have moles in World of Warcraft
- The secrets of happy families
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
Subscribe to the Week