55% of American adults believe they have been protected from harm by a “guardian angel.” 81% of black Protestants, 66% of Evangelicals, 57% of Catholics, 55% of mainline Protestants, and 10% of Jews say they sensed the presence of angels doing God’s work on Earth—as did 20% of people who said they have “no religion.”
Baylor Religion Survey
A record-high 43% of Americans say they are following news about national politics “very closely,” up from 30% this time last year and 36% during the last presidential election.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Captain America won over China
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week