55% of American adults believe they have been protected from harm by a “guardian angel.” 81% of black Protestants, 66% of Evangelicals, 57% of Catholics, 55% of mainline Protestants, and 10% of Jews say they sensed the presence of angels doing God’s work on Earth—as did 20% of people who said they have “no religion.”
Baylor Religion Survey
A record-high 43% of Americans say they are following news about national politics “very closely,” up from 30% this time last year and 36% during the last presidential election.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week