55% of American adults believe they have been protected from harm by a “guardian angel.” 81% of black Protestants, 66% of Evangelicals, 57% of Catholics, 55% of mainline Protestants, and 10% of Jews say they sensed the presence of angels doing God’s work on Earth—as did 20% of people who said they have “no religion.”
Baylor Religion Survey
A record-high 43% of Americans say they are following news about national politics “very closely,” up from 30% this time last year and 36% during the last presidential election.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week