55% of American adults believe they have been protected from harm by a “guardian angel.” 81% of black Protestants, 66% of Evangelicals, 57% of Catholics, 55% of mainline Protestants, and 10% of Jews say they sensed the presence of angels doing God’s work on Earth—as did 20% of people who said they have “no religion.”
Baylor Religion Survey
A record-high 43% of Americans say they are following news about national politics “very closely,” up from 30% this time last year and 36% during the last presidential election.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week