55% of American adults believe they have been protected from harm by a “guardian angel.” 81% of black Protestants, 66% of Evangelicals, 57% of Catholics, 55% of mainline Protestants, and 10% of Jews say they sensed the presence of angels doing God’s work on Earth—as did 20% of people who said they have “no religion.”
Baylor Religion Survey
A record-high 43% of Americans say they are following news about national politics “very closely,” up from 30% this time last year and 36% during the last presidential election.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week