usicians Travis Barker and DJ AM were seriously injured when their Learjet blew a tire and skidded off the runway during takeoff after a performance in South Carolina. The former Blink-182 drummer and the celebrity disc jockey, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, are expected to make full recoveries from their burns. Two crew members and two of the musicians’ staff were killed. A witness found Goldstein and Barker tearing off their burning clothes and trying futilely to rescue the other occupants of the plane, which was engulfed in flames.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week