Musicians Travis Barker and DJ AM were seriously injured when their Learjet blew a tire and skidded off the runway during takeoff after a performance in South Carolina. The former Blink-182 drummer and the celebrity disc jockey, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, are expected to make full recoveries from their burns. Two crew members and two of the musicians’ staff were killed. A witness found Goldstein and Barker tearing off their burning clothes and trying futilely to rescue the other occupants of the plane, which was engulfed in flames.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week