Musicians Travis Barker and DJ AM were seriously injured when their Learjet blew a tire and skidded off the runway during takeoff after a performance in South Carolina. The former Blink-182 drummer and the celebrity disc jockey, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, are expected to make full recoveries from their burns. Two crew members and two of the musicians’ staff were killed. A witness found Goldstein and Barker tearing off their burning clothes and trying futilely to rescue the other occupants of the plane, which was engulfed in flames.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 things you need to know today: November 21, 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week