usicians Travis Barker and DJ AM were seriously injured when their Learjet blew a tire and skidded off the runway during takeoff after a performance in South Carolina. The former Blink-182 drummer and the celebrity disc jockey, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, are expected to make full recoveries from their burns. Two crew members and two of the musicians’ staff were killed. A witness found Goldstein and Barker tearing off their burning clothes and trying futilely to rescue the other occupants of the plane, which was engulfed in flames.
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 10 things you need to know today: December 6, 2013
- The 13-year-old CEO who invented a cure for hiccups
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- 'Mexican Barbie' and 10 other controversial Barbies [Updated]
Did God have a wife?
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week