Musicians Travis Barker and DJ AM were seriously injured when their Learjet blew a tire and skidded off the runway during takeoff after a performance in South Carolina. The former Blink-182 drummer and the celebrity disc jockey, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, are expected to make full recoveries from their burns. Two crew members and two of the musicians’ staff were killed. A witness found Goldstein and Barker tearing off their burning clothes and trying futilely to rescue the other occupants of the plane, which was engulfed in flames.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week