ohn Lennon had such a fierce temper that his yelling once damaged his son’s hearing, says Sean Lennon in a new book. “He got very upset with me” over some childish antics, says Sean. “I had to go to the hospital.” He adds that his father was immediately mortified. “I remember when I was lying on the floor and hurting, and him holding me and saying, ‘I’m so sorry.’”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
Subscribe to the Week