John Lennon had such a fierce temper that his yelling once damaged his son’s hearing, says Sean Lennon in a new book. “He got very upset with me” over some childish antics, says Sean. “I had to go to the hospital.” He adds that his father was immediately mortified. “I remember when I was lying on the floor and hurting, and him holding me and saying, ‘I’m so sorry.’”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week