John Lennon had such a fierce temper that his yelling once damaged his son’s hearing, says Sean Lennon in a new book. “He got very upset with me” over some childish antics, says Sean. “I had to go to the hospital.” He adds that his father was immediately mortified. “I remember when I was lying on the floor and hurting, and him holding me and saying, ‘I’m so sorry.’”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week