ohn Lennon had such a fierce temper that his yelling once damaged his son’s hearing, says Sean Lennon in a new book. “He got very upset with me” over some childish antics, says Sean. “I had to go to the hospital.” He adds that his father was immediately mortified. “I remember when I was lying on the floor and hurting, and him holding me and saying, ‘I’m so sorry.’”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
Subscribe to the Week