John Lennon had such a fierce temper that his yelling once damaged his son’s hearing, says Sean Lennon in a new book. “He got very upset with me” over some childish antics, says Sean. “I had to go to the hospital.” He adds that his father was immediately mortified. “I remember when I was lying on the floor and hurting, and him holding me and saying, ‘I’m so sorry.’”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week