Before there was the Global Positioning System, there was Knight Rider’s KITT. The computerized talking Pontiac Firebird took David Hasselhoff where he needed to go on the 1980s TV show. Now the unstoppable forces of “Generation X nostalgia and modern technology” have combined to produce the Knight Rider GPS. William Daniels, the actor who voiced KITT, narrates driving directions and can even call you by name.
Price: $270 Contact: Knightridergps.com
Source: The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week