Before there was the Global Positioning System, there was Knight Rider’s KITT. The computerized talking Pontiac Firebird took David Hasselhoff where he needed to go on the 1980s TV show. Now the unstoppable forces of “Generation X nostalgia and modern technology” have combined to produce the Knight Rider GPS. William Daniels, the actor who voiced KITT, narrates driving directions and can even call you by name.
Price: $270 Contact: Knightridergps.com
Source: The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week