Before there was the Global Positioning System, there was Knight Rider’s KITT. The computerized talking Pontiac Firebird took David Hasselhoff where he needed to go on the 1980s TV show. Now the unstoppable forces of “Generation X nostalgia and modern technology” have combined to produce the Knight Rider GPS. William Daniels, the actor who voiced KITT, narrates driving directions and can even call you by name.
Price: $270 Contact: Knightridergps.com
Source: The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week