Before there was the Global Positioning System, there was Knight Rider’s KITT. The computerized talking Pontiac Firebird took David Hasselhoff where he needed to go on the 1980s TV show. Now the unstoppable forces of “Generation X nostalgia and modern technology” have combined to produce the Knight Rider GPS. William Daniels, the actor who voiced KITT, narrates driving directions and can even call you by name.
Price: $270 Contact: Knightridergps.com
Source: The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
Subscribe to the Week