Before there was the Global Positioning System, there was Knight Rider’s KITT. The computerized talking Pontiac Firebird took David Hasselhoff where he needed to go on the 1980s TV show. Now the unstoppable forces of “Generation X nostalgia and modern technology” have combined to produce the Knight Rider GPS. William Daniels, the actor who voiced KITT, narrates driving directions and can even call you by name.
Price: $270 Contact: Knightridergps.com
Source: The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week