OOD DAY FOR: Detroit, after Congress approved at $25 billion loan package for the Big Three automakers. The subsidized loans are designed to help GM, Ford, and Chrysler retool their production lines to make smaller, fuel-efficient cars with new technologies like hybrid engines and battery-powered motors. (The Wall Street Journal)
BAD DAY FOR: Chocoholics, after Cadbury recalled all 11 chocolate products produced in China due to concerns about melamine-tainted milk. The chocolate products in question are commonly shipped to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Australia. China has reported 104 serious illnesses linked to the tainted milk, and almost 40,000 others have suffered ill effects. (Reuters)
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
Did God have a wife?
- The 2014 World Cup draw: Team U.S.A. is screwed
- The 13-year-old CEO who invented a cure for hiccups
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
Subscribe to the Week