OOD DAY FOR: Detroit, after Congress approved at $25 billion loan package for the Big Three automakers. The subsidized loans are designed to help GM, Ford, and Chrysler retool their production lines to make smaller, fuel-efficient cars with new technologies like hybrid engines and battery-powered motors. (The Wall Street Journal)
BAD DAY FOR: Chocoholics, after Cadbury recalled all 11 chocolate products produced in China due to concerns about melamine-tainted milk. The chocolate products in question are commonly shipped to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Australia. China has reported 104 serious illnesses linked to the tainted milk, and almost 40,000 others have suffered ill effects. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- How to flirt, according to science
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- This Japanese toilet should make Americans very worried
Subscribe to the Week