The bottom line
Campbell Soup was the only component of the S&P 500 that ended in positive territory yesterday, eking out a 0.3 percent gain.
Campbell Soup was the only component of the S&P 500 that ended in positive territory yesterday, eking out a 0.3 percent gain. Campbell also saw its shares rise unexpectedly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week