The bottom line
Campbell Soup was the only component of the S&P 500 that ended in positive territory yesterday, eking out a 0.3 percent gain.
Campbell Soup was the only component of the S&P 500 that ended in positive territory yesterday, eking out a 0.3 percent gain. Campbell also saw its shares rise unexpectedly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week