The bottom line
Campbell Soup was the only component of the S&P 500 that ended in positive territory yesterday, eking out a 0.3 percent gain.
Campbell Soup was the only component of the S&P 500 that ended in positive territory yesterday, eking out a 0.3 percent gain. Campbell also saw its shares rise unexpectedly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week