The bottom line
Campbell Soup was the only component of the S&P 500 that ended in positive territory yesterday, eking out a 0.3 percent gain.
Campbell Soup was the only component of the S&P 500 that ended in positive territory yesterday, eking out a 0.3 percent gain. Campbell also saw its shares rise unexpectedly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How I lost all my money
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How computers will replace your doctor
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week