The bottom line
Campbell Soup was the only component of the S&P 500 that ended in positive territory yesterday, eking out a 0.3 percent gain.
Campbell Soup was the only component of the S&P 500 that ended in positive territory yesterday, eking out a 0.3 percent gain. Campbell also saw its shares rise unexpectedly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- How Obama inadvertently made an Israeli war with Iran all but inevitable
Subscribe to the Week