OOD DAY FOR: Enjoying nature, after an Italian study found that a Chinese herb called horny goat weed is a promising natural alternative to Pfizer’s Viagra and other impotence drugs. The University of Milan team hopes the extract of the herb, also called icariin, will provide the erection benefits without the potentially harmful side effects of Viagra and other drugs. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Worshiping capitalism, as former Nasdaq broker Hristo Mishkov, now an Orthodox Christian monk in Bulgaria called Brother Nikanor, is advising his distressed former colleagues to put a jar of dirt on their desk as a reminder of where we’re all heading and what matters in life. As banks fail, New York churches are reporting higher attendance at lunch-hour services, especially among people in suits. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How Captain America won over China
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week