OOD DAY FOR: Enjoying nature, after an Italian study found that a Chinese herb called horny goat weed is a promising natural alternative to Pfizer’s Viagra and other impotence drugs. The University of Milan team hopes the extract of the herb, also called icariin, will provide the erection benefits without the potentially harmful side effects of Viagra and other drugs. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Worshiping capitalism, as former Nasdaq broker Hristo Mishkov, now an Orthodox Christian monk in Bulgaria called Brother Nikanor, is advising his distressed former colleagues to put a jar of dirt on their desk as a reminder of where we’re all heading and what matters in life. As banks fail, New York churches are reporting higher attendance at lunch-hour services, especially among people in suits. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
Subscribe to the Week