The bottom line
President Bush signed a $630 billion spending bill yesterday that will fund much of the federal government through March.
President Bush signed a $630 billion spending bill yesterday that will fund much of the federal government through March. The bill included $7.5 billion to guarantee $25 billion in low-interest loans for Detroit’s Big Three automakers. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week