The bottom line
President Bush signed a $630 billion spending bill yesterday that will fund much of the federal government through March.
President Bush signed a $630 billion spending bill yesterday that will fund much of the federal government through March. The bill included $7.5 billion to guarantee $25 billion in low-interest loans for Detroit’s Big Three automakers. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week