The bottom line
President Bush signed a $630 billion spending bill yesterday that will fund much of the federal government through March.
President Bush signed a $630 billion spending bill yesterday that will fund much of the federal government through March. The bill included $7.5 billion to guarantee $25 billion in low-interest loans for Detroit’s Big Three automakers. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week