The bottom line
President Bush signed a $630 billion spending bill yesterday that will fund much of the federal government through March.
President Bush signed a $630 billion spending bill yesterday that will fund much of the federal government through March. The bill included $7.5 billion to guarantee $25 billion in low-interest loans for Detroit’s Big Three automakers. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week