President Bush signed a $630 billion spending bill yesterday that will fund much of the federal government through March. The bill included $7.5 billion to guarantee $25 billion in low-interest loans for Detroit’s Big Three automakers. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
When Americans banned Christmas
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week