OOD DAY FOR: Naked greed, after Playboy started looking for uninhibited bankers and financial analysts for a special "Women of Wall Street" photo spread. The magazine will pick about 20 current or recent financial-services employees. "When the news gets bad, then maybe that's a chance to make people smile," said Gary Cole, Playboy's photo editor. (Reuters)
BAD DAY FOR: Charging it, as Verizon data investigators are reporting that subcontractors hired by restaurants and retailers to process credit card sales are responsible for much of the consumer data theft. While some recent large data breaches, like the one at TJ Maxx, were inside jobs, data-theft gangs frequently use disgruntled third party employees as the weak link in the data chain. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week