OOD DAY FOR: Making crime pay, after Las Vegas announced plans to open a museum dedicated to the area's storied history with organized crime. Organizers say The [redacted] Museum could draw 800,000 visitors a year. At the unveiling of the museum plan, City Council members handed out T-shirts with the logo: "There is no such thing as a mob museum nor have I ever been there." (AP in USA Today)
BAD DAY FOR: A recession, after the American Farm Bureau Federation reported that a basket of 16 basic food items costs 10.5 percent more than it did a year ago. Food prices are rising because of increasing raw ingredient, energy, and packaging costs. The biggest price gains were for potatoes, cheddar cheese, and apples; the price of large eggs and bacon fell. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week