Expertvillage.com provides visitors with professionally produced and researched instructional videos. Stocked with more than 120,000 videos, the site’s library offers advice on how to groom a horse, cut wax for candles, and use an HTML editor.
eHow.com features more than 180,000 articles and videos that answer even the most obscure questions, from “How to Plan an Atheist’s Funeral” to “How to Harvest Duck Feathers for Pillows.”
Howcast.com injects “a necessary dose of humor” into its videos. The site offers plain-vanilla tutorials such as “How to Back Up Your iTunes Library” but also lighthearted videos like “How to Romance a Girl With One Semester of Spanish” or “How to Dance Without Embarrassing Yourself.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why Japan is turning to high-tech floating islands to solve its energy needs
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week