xpertvillage.com provides visitors with professionally produced and researched instructional videos. Stocked with more than 120,000 videos, the site’s library offers advice on how to groom a horse, cut wax for candles, and use an HTML editor.
eHow.com features more than 180,000 articles and videos that answer even the most obscure questions, from “How to Plan an Atheist’s Funeral” to “How to Harvest Duck Feathers for Pillows.”
Howcast.com injects “a necessary dose of humor” into its videos. The site offers plain-vanilla tutorials such as “How to Back Up Your iTunes Library” but also lighthearted videos like “How to Romance a Girl With One Semester of Spanish” or “How to Dance Without Embarrassing Yourself.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week