Expertvillage.com provides visitors with professionally produced and researched instructional videos. Stocked with more than 120,000 videos, the site’s library offers advice on how to groom a horse, cut wax for candles, and use an HTML editor.
eHow.com features more than 180,000 articles and videos that answer even the most obscure questions, from “How to Plan an Atheist’s Funeral” to “How to Harvest Duck Feathers for Pillows.”
Howcast.com injects “a necessary dose of humor” into its videos. The site offers plain-vanilla tutorials such as “How to Back Up Your iTunes Library” but also lighthearted videos like “How to Romance a Girl With One Semester of Spanish” or “How to Dance Without Embarrassing Yourself.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
Subscribe to the Week