xpertvillage.com provides visitors with professionally produced and researched instructional videos. Stocked with more than 120,000 videos, the site’s library offers advice on how to groom a horse, cut wax for candles, and use an HTML editor.
eHow.com features more than 180,000 articles and videos that answer even the most obscure questions, from “How to Plan an Atheist’s Funeral” to “How to Harvest Duck Feathers for Pillows.”
Howcast.com injects “a necessary dose of humor” into its videos. The site offers plain-vanilla tutorials such as “How to Back Up Your iTunes Library” but also lighthearted videos like “How to Romance a Girl With One Semester of Spanish” or “How to Dance Without Embarrassing Yourself.”
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The secrets of happy families
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- The U.S. auto bailout is officially over. Here's what America lost and gained.
- Yes, Obama and Raul Castro shook hands. No, you shouldn't freak out about it.
- President Obama snapped a selfie during Nelson Mandela's memorial service
Subscribe to the Week