Expertvillage.com provides visitors with professionally produced and researched instructional videos. Stocked with more than 120,000 videos, the site’s library offers advice on how to groom a horse, cut wax for candles, and use an HTML editor.
eHow.com features more than 180,000 articles and videos that answer even the most obscure questions, from “How to Plan an Atheist’s Funeral” to “How to Harvest Duck Feathers for Pillows.”
Howcast.com injects “a necessary dose of humor” into its videos. The site offers plain-vanilla tutorials such as “How to Back Up Your iTunes Library” but also lighthearted videos like “How to Romance a Girl With One Semester of Spanish” or “How to Dance Without Embarrassing Yourself.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week