ex and the City
(New Line, $35.98)
The Sex and the City film picks up where the TV series left off, said the Associated Press. Though not quite the same, all the charms of the HBO show remain—the “female bonding, the snippy, quippy, pun-filled writing, the valentines to Manhattan.” Extras include a featurette on the movie’s fashions.
The Fist Foot Way
The Fist Foot Way is the “most underrated comedy of the year,” said New York. This “redneck tae kwon do crazyfest” stars Danny McBride, who recently co-starred in Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder, as a loser who finds meaning in martial arts after his wife leaves him.
The Godfather: The Coppola Restoration
The entire Godfather trilogy has received a “beautiful restoration” in Blu-ray format, said USA Today. Francis Ford Coppola and cinematographer Gordon Willis return the saga to its “opening-day look,” and the package includes more than a dozen extras, including one on Coppola’s battles with studio executives.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we shouldn't be afraid to talk about 'Grandma' Hillary
Subscribe to the Week