Heather Locklear was arrested this week on charges of driving under the influence after police said the 47-year-old actress was driving erratically while leaving a parking lot. A witness told police that Locklear “was revving her engine loudly, and backed over a pair of sunglasses several times,” said a California Highway Patrol spokesman. Officers found her nearby, parked in the middle of a highway. Police said Locklear appeared to be “under the influence of prescription medication.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
Subscribe to the Week