Heather Locklear was arrested this week on charges of driving under the influence after police said the 47-year-old actress was driving erratically while leaving a parking lot. A witness told police that Locklear “was revving her engine loudly, and backed over a pair of sunglasses several times,” said a California Highway Patrol spokesman. Officers found her nearby, parked in the middle of a highway. Police said Locklear appeared to be “under the influence of prescription medication.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week