Heath Ledger’s 2-year-old daughter, Matilda, will inherit her father’s entire $16 million estate, the actor’s family said this week. Ledger’s will, written before his daughter was born, left everything to his parents and sisters, but they gave the entire amount to Matilda this week, and said that the girl’s mother, Ledger’s ex-partner Michelle Williams, had not filed a claim for it. A trustee acting for Matilda has filed a lawsuit against an insurance company that has refused to pay a $10 million life-insurance policy on the grounds that Ledger’s fatal prescription-drug overdose may have been a suicide.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week