Heath Ledger’s 2-year-old daughter, Matilda, will inherit her father’s entire $16 million estate, the actor’s family said this week. Ledger’s will, written before his daughter was born, left everything to his parents and sisters, but they gave the entire amount to Matilda this week, and said that the girl’s mother, Ledger’s ex-partner Michelle Williams, had not filed a claim for it. A trustee acting for Matilda has filed a lawsuit against an insurance company that has refused to pay a $10 million life-insurance policy on the grounds that Ledger’s fatal prescription-drug overdose may have been a suicide.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Summer movie guide: All the films you should see in August
Subscribe to the Week