Heath Ledger’s 2-year-old daughter, Matilda, will inherit her father’s entire $16 million estate, the actor’s family said this week. Ledger’s will, written before his daughter was born, left everything to his parents and sisters, but they gave the entire amount to Matilda this week, and said that the girl’s mother, Ledger’s ex-partner Michelle Williams, had not filed a claim for it. A trustee acting for Matilda has filed a lawsuit against an insurance company that has refused to pay a $10 million life-insurance policy on the grounds that Ledger’s fatal prescription-drug overdose may have been a suicide.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week