Heath Ledger’s 2-year-old daughter, Matilda, will inherit her father’s entire $16 million estate, the actor’s family said this week. Ledger’s will, written before his daughter was born, left everything to his parents and sisters, but they gave the entire amount to Matilda this week, and said that the girl’s mother, Ledger’s ex-partner Michelle Williams, had not filed a claim for it. A trustee acting for Matilda has filed a lawsuit against an insurance company that has refused to pay a $10 million life-insurance policy on the grounds that Ledger’s fatal prescription-drug overdose may have been a suicide.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week