eath Ledger’s 2-year-old daughter, Matilda, will inherit her father’s entire $16 million estate, the actor’s family said this week. Ledger’s will, written before his daughter was born, left everything to his parents and sisters, but they gave the entire amount to Matilda this week, and said that the girl’s mother, Ledger’s ex-partner Michelle Williams, had not filed a claim for it. A trustee acting for Matilda has filed a lawsuit against an insurance company that has refused to pay a $10 million life-insurance policy on the grounds that Ledger’s fatal prescription-drug overdose may have been a suicide.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- How moderns celebrate Good Friday and Easter
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week