43% of American men and women living in couples say it’s the woman who makes more of the decisions at home, including managing finances, planning weekend activities, and choosing what to watch on TV. 26% say it’s the man who makes most of these decisions, while 31% of people in couples say they split the decisions equally.
Pew Research Center
A month ago, 47% of female voters had a favorable opinion of Sarah Palin, compared with 19% who viewed her unfavorably. Now, her favorable rating among women has dropped to 34%, while those with an unfavorable opinion have risen to 33%.
CBS News/The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week