43% of American men and women living in couples say it’s the woman who makes more of the decisions at home, including managing finances, planning weekend activities, and choosing what to watch on TV. 26% say it’s the man who makes most of these decisions, while 31% of people in couples say they split the decisions equally.
Pew Research Center
A month ago, 47% of female voters had a favorable opinion of Sarah Palin, compared with 19% who viewed her unfavorably. Now, her favorable rating among women has dropped to 34%, while those with an unfavorable opinion have risen to 33%.
CBS News/The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- How America's internet can become the fastest on Earth
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Poll: Twice as many Americans say sugar is more harmful than marijuana
Subscribe to the Week