43% of American men and women living in couples say it’s the woman who makes more of the decisions at home, including managing finances, planning weekend activities, and choosing what to watch on TV. 26% say it’s the man who makes most of these decisions, while 31% of people in couples say they split the decisions equally.
Pew Research Center
A month ago, 47% of female voters had a favorable opinion of Sarah Palin, compared with 19% who viewed her unfavorably. Now, her favorable rating among women has dropped to 34%, while those with an unfavorable opinion have risen to 33%.
CBS News/The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week