43% of American men and women living in couples say it’s the woman who makes more of the decisions at home, including managing finances, planning weekend activities, and choosing what to watch on TV. 26% say it’s the man who makes most of these decisions, while 31% of people in couples say they split the decisions equally.
Pew Research Center
A month ago, 47% of female voters had a favorable opinion of Sarah Palin, compared with 19% who viewed her unfavorably. Now, her favorable rating among women has dropped to 34%, while those with an unfavorable opinion have risen to 33%.
CBS News/The New York Times
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secrets of happy families
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- 13 countries where gay marriage is legal [Updated]
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
The history of Santa Claus: 7 interesting facts
Subscribe to the Week