43% of American men and women living in couples say it’s the woman who makes more of the decisions at home, including managing finances, planning weekend activities, and choosing what to watch on TV. 26% say it’s the man who makes most of these decisions, while 31% of people in couples say they split the decisions equally.
Pew Research Center
A month ago, 47% of female voters had a favorable opinion of Sarah Palin, compared with 19% who viewed her unfavorably. Now, her favorable rating among women has dropped to 34%, while those with an unfavorable opinion have risen to 33%.
CBS News/The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- What's really limiting advances in computer tech
Subscribe to the Week