Talk about revenge of the nerds, said Ewen Callaway in ABC News online. A new study by evolutionary psychologists found that a group of college women preferred brainy men over jocks—for both one-night stands and long-term relationships.
It’s no surprise that smart guys scored high as potential long-term mates, said Jeremy Taylor in AOL News. “What was not expected is that a man's intelligence also improved his chances of being appealing for a brief hook-up.” Although, it was surely a “bittersweet” moment for the University of California-Davis scientists when they noticed that men who are both smart and handsome did the best of all.
“Really?” said Samantha Beerman in College on the Record. What women really want is “a Nobel prize winner with movie-star looks”? It’s hard to believe that it took a bunch of people with PhDs to figure that one out.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week