Talk about revenge of the nerds, said Ewen Callaway in ABC News online. A new study by evolutionary psychologists found that a group of college women preferred brainy men over jocks—for both one-night stands and long-term relationships.
It’s no surprise that smart guys scored high as potential long-term mates, said Jeremy Taylor in AOL News. “What was not expected is that a man's intelligence also improved his chances of being appealing for a brief hook-up.” Although, it was surely a “bittersweet” moment for the University of California-Davis scientists when they noticed that men who are both smart and handsome did the best of all.
“Really?” said Samantha Beerman in College on the Record. What women really want is “a Nobel prize winner with movie-star looks”? It’s hard to believe that it took a bunch of people with PhDs to figure that one out.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- How to save Meet the Press
Subscribe to the Week