John McCain will regret the “preposterous” allegations his campaign is slinging at Barack Obama, said Mary Mitchell in the Chicago Sun-Times. The “hateful speech” from his running mate, Sarah Palin, is a “turn-off”—especially her accusation that Obama has been “palling around with terrorists.” No wonder Obama’s poll numbers are rising.
“Democrats are crying foul,” said David Limbaugh in The Washington Times. But Obama’s “way-more-than-casual association with unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers” is serious stuff. Voters need to know about the candidate's history of rubbing elbows with “people and causes hostile to the founding principles of this nation.”
If you really want to talk about someone who has been cozy with radicals, said David Talbot in Salon, take a close look at the secessionist “America-haters” Sarah Palin and her husband have been “pallin’ around with” back home in Alaska.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week