ohn McCain will regret the “preposterous” allegations his campaign is slinging at Barack Obama, said Mary Mitchell in the Chicago Sun-Times. The “hateful speech” from his running mate, Sarah Palin, is a “turn-off”—especially her accusation that Obama has been “palling around with terrorists.” No wonder Obama’s poll numbers are rising.
“Democrats are crying foul,” said David Limbaugh in The Washington Times. But Obama’s “way-more-than-casual association with unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers” is serious stuff. Voters need to know about the candidate's history of rubbing elbows with “people and causes hostile to the founding principles of this nation.”
If you really want to talk about someone who has been cozy with radicals, said David Talbot in Salon, take a close look at the secessionist “America-haters” Sarah Palin and her husband have been “pallin’ around with” back home in Alaska.
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cue scary music: Cockroaches that can survive New York winters reach the U.S.
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
Subscribe to the Week