ohn McCain will regret the “preposterous” allegations his campaign is slinging at Barack Obama, said Mary Mitchell in the Chicago Sun-Times. The “hateful speech” from his running mate, Sarah Palin, is a “turn-off”—especially her accusation that Obama has been “palling around with terrorists.” No wonder Obama’s poll numbers are rising.
“Democrats are crying foul,” said David Limbaugh in The Washington Times. But Obama’s “way-more-than-casual association with unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers” is serious stuff. Voters need to know about the candidate's history of rubbing elbows with “people and causes hostile to the founding principles of this nation.”
If you really want to talk about someone who has been cozy with radicals, said David Talbot in Salon, take a close look at the secessionist “America-haters” Sarah Palin and her husband have been “pallin’ around with” back home in Alaska.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- How Captain America won over China
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week